Monday, September 22, 2008

A little game of cat and mouse














Tonight I feel like Arnold Swartenheggerherzergeerds... in Predator when he covered himself in mud, set a trap for the predator and waited. I have a a trap, 3 to be exact and now I wait. My buddy Marc came over to help me make a game plan and then help me also set the traps. In keeping with the predator theme Marc would be my Carl Weathers only I am hoping he doesnt get his arm blown off like ol Carl does in the movie. Any way my enemy is not an alien from outer space bent on hunting the galaxies finest prey but rather a mouse. This mouse came into my home uninvited and has been pooping in my pantry. This will be the last night that he enjoys taking a poo in kitchen though. I have set 3 sweet traps that has his name on them (what his or her name may be). Here is a break down of what I used.

  • Under the Oven
    • We have an old school metal spring trap with refried bean and Christmas cookie sprinkles on them. This is our first line of defense
  • Along the wall
    • I got standard Peanut butter with a dusting of baby formula. Maybe this is an infant mouse and loves the taste of formula.
  • Finally in the pantry I have peanut butter with sprinkles..
    • if this doesn't work then nothing will.
So tonight I wait and tomorrow I laugh because I will be victorious. I have attached some great picture of various mouse traps. Even though these are not the actual traps they really help with my story. Good night everyone and I hope to bring you good news in the morning.

1 comment:

Epic said...

That moment was the type of moment you look back on and realize just how climactic it was. I felt like Carl, I really did…